(Last updated: July 1, 2020)
The decisions and processes to reopening research labs and spaces at 澳门太阳城 are based on guidance from the State of Wisconsin, University of Wisconsin System, and 澳门太阳城 Emergency Operations Center in consultation with 澳门太阳城 University Safety & Assurances (US&A), Campus Health, and Legal Affairs.
Reopening research spaces must consider the ability to establish and maintain clean and safe spaces, including individual research spaces and common areas, staffing, space density, and the traffic patterns of campus buildings as well as the campus overall. To best protect the health and safety of all members of the 澳门太阳城 community, the reopening of all research facilities and conducting of field work will require Safe Operations Plans and appropriate administrative approvals. Thus, each lead researcher must complete a 澳门太阳城 Research Operations Safety Plan before reopening their lab. This plan must be approved by US&A and the researcher’s Dean.
Developing Your Research Operations Safety Plan
1. Review Guidance Materials
Please review the following documents, which will guide you in the process of applying to reopen your facilities.
- Framework for Reopening Research Facilities: Outlines the criteria and procedures for reopening research spaces and restarting research activities.
- Research Startup Safety Checklist: Guides researchers through the process of preparing their space and staff for reopening.
- 澳门太阳城 Emergency Operations Center (EOC) Guidelines
- Guidelines for Field Research During the COVID-19 Pandemic: Outlines the process for restarting field research while minimizing the risk of COVID-19 disease transmission and protecting the health and safety of personnel conducting research activities at field sites.
2. Complete the 澳门太阳城 Research Operations Safety Plan Template
After reading the above documents, use this template to develop your Lab Safety Plan, which is required before permission can be obtained to reopen individual research spaces. Plans will be submitted and routed through this template system.
3. Obtain Essential Employee Designation
Each member of a research group working on-site must be designated as an Essential Employee.
- RESEARCH LEAD ONLY
For each member of your group who will be on-site, complete all columns except I, J, and K on this spreadsheet
500 Internal Server Error
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
- ALL ON-SITE RESEARCH GROUP MEMBERS